Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Art Life

My Art life

Well enough about the girls for now cos I think there’re more important things to discuss like my art. Oh I guess that wasn’t made public, well I think I’m a talented graphite artist (meaning I draw with pencil) still striving towards perfection but I’ll let you judge all that.
However, due to the nature of my studies, I tend to have little or no time to pursue and advance my beloved pastime so a lot of my works are somewhat incomplete, coupled with the recent loss of my hard drive (a loss I still mourn) I have very limited no of my works on display.
However I’m approaching my long holidays soon so I think I should be able to do some more.
Well, here’re a few of my works

Remi
A commissioned work, but as you can see its somewhat incomplete cos I lost the copy of the picture along with my hard drive. I work with the computer in my art to somewhat blow the pics up for more detail. So like I said its incomplete, thanks to my faulty drive.















My nephews
This one’s not in graphite. I rendered this in ink, (blue to be precise). Just a spark of inspiration one afternoon and I decided to do a portrait of them of course not life that would be highly impossible as those two are the most “unstable” people you’ve met.





Ukpa
Another commissioned work, spent like 3 days on this, luckily I had time to complete this and deliver it.

Didn’t think of it now but in my next post I should be able to let you see the reference pics so you can make your judgments. Criticisms (especially from artists) would be most welcome

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely. You seem to be a great artist. Maybe I'll commission one too when next I'm in Calabar huh? LOL!!